Company of Proprietors of the Navigation of the River Dun
Records of the Company of Proprietors of the Navigation of the River Dun: maps, plans, drawings and sections of the river, alterations, improvements and various plots of land 1801-1835.
These records are available immediately for research
The records comprising this fonds have been deposited in the British Waterways Archive, Gloucester between 1963 and 2002. The material has come to the archive gradually over the years and many of the individual records, although indexed, have never been fully accessioned. As a result of this the exact provenance of much of the material and how it was collected is unknown. Most of the material has come from various British Waterways' offices, but some has been deposited by both British Waterways' employees and individuals with a background and/or interest in waterways. There are also a number of records which have been purchased from auction.
[See also BW18 and BW91]
Drawing of a small section of the River Dun showing property owned by the River Dun and by Earl Fitzwilliam
Note about a plan showing alterations and improvements to be made to the River Dun Navigation drawn by George Leather 1825
"A plan of the Course of the River Dun from Tinsley to its confluence with the Ouse shewing all the Cuts made and those intended to be made to facilitate the Navigation thereof. Drawn by Wm Fairbank 1801."
"A Plan of the Course of the River Dun, from Sheffield to its confluence with the Ouse, shewing All the Cuts made & those intended to be made, to Facilitate the Navigation thereof."
"A Map of the Alterations, Amendments & Improvements Intended to be made in the Navigation of the River Dun"
"A Map or Plan of the Alterations Amendments & Improvements intended to be made in the Navigation of the River Dun. betwixt Tinsley & Sprotbrough."
"[Untitled plan endorsed] Reduced Plan of the proposed drain from New Park to Earl of Cardigan's Colliery"
"The Canal over Attercliff Common reduced to 1/4 in[ch] to 10 y[ar]ds. Shewing the Pt taken from Henry Howard by the Co."